Thursday 12 August 2010

Love Vibert



Was pokin round for some Vibert goodness when I found a Kerrier District remix of Black Devil Disco Club (ya know that song that is played on lots of Vibert mixes that seemingly was written in 1978 by some italo disco dude but some people claim its Aphex Twin blah blah blah...you can actually get the real info here). Well it doesn't stray too far from the original but adds a pleasant dancefloor punch, a keyboard refrain and some signature Vibert acid to the mix. Its nayce.

Black Devil - Disco Club (Kerrier District)


While we're on the remix buzz here's a Luke Vibert edit of electronic funk soul tornado/future husband Jamie Lidell's A Little Bit More.

Jamie Lidell - A Little Bit More (Luke Vibert Remix)


and here is a sweet live performance of above.

I've seen Vibert a bunch of times now, sometimes he can be a bit repetitive but he's ALWAYS fun. And he usually runs the gamut of his entire career, Vibert stuff, Plug stuff, Ace of Clubs stuff and usually a tonne of acid stuff thrown in. He knows how to entertain. The first time I saw him I ran up to him in a sweaty bleary mess and geeked out all over him. I just blurted out that I was a big fan. He was very friendly and seemed appreciative. I was elated...more so.

Here's my favourite Ace of Clubs track:

Ace Of Clubs - Patriotic Acid


And to end here's the gorgeous A Subtle Blend.

Plug - A Subtle Blend

No comments:

Post a Comment