Wednesday 29 December 2010

My Top Tracks Of 2010

I'm basing this on a few different things but mainly on how often I played them this year...and these tracks were played a shitload.

Bodycode - Spacial Harmonics

I love Bodycode, everything he releases whether it's under the Portable name or whatever I suck it up. While the entire Immune album was on loop for months this year this is the song that I think is it's best show case. Starts off like a loopy forest theme from Legend Of Zelda going all over the place before it's jungle click clacks settle into a deep and funky groove. Fun.











Isolée - The Fantastic Researches of Yushin Maru

This 9 and a half minute opus is deceptively complex. Isolée is definitely a total sound nerd. The range of warm noises in this exhilarating tune is wonderful evoking so many moods throughout the song. Maybe I've just listened to it a bit much.





Cobblestone Jazz - Fiesta

This years Chance Dub from Cobblestone Jazz was a departure from their usual psychedelic sound found in such hits as India In Me (which you may remember from Ellen Allien's brilliant Fabric 34) resulting in a more straightforward sprightly album. Fiesta sums up the trippy yet party atmosphere of the album.





Axel Boman - Purple Drank


Keta vocals were all the rage this year. Duurty sexy tune.





Mark E - Nobody Else


Epic disco house track. I love nobody else.





Storm Queen - Look Right Through

Storm Queen aka Morgan Geist aka one half of Metro Area returned with this track in 2010...not that he was ever really away. I reckon this was all done analogue. The synth sounds and bass are so fat and warm. It's kinda cheesy but i love it. Damon Scotts vocal, especially in the chorus, is so catchy and whimsical.


No comments:

Post a Comment